Thu 04 April 2013
Fashion Week can be a challenging time for all involved… Here are my five top tips to surviving the week with your ego intact- But above all things; be yourself and never take it too seriously!
1) Do not take longer than an hour to get ready. Anyone who takes longer than an hour is either a socialite, blogger (myself excluded) or Television personality – the crowd of editors at fashion week tend to hate to all three. Use your time more productively!
2) Do not change your outfit more than once on any given day (unless you need to add a jacket for warmth). This is a serious no brainer- don’t assume others are taking note of your every move- the majority are there for work. Show ponies frowned upon!
3) Do accessorise with a bag. Lets be honest, everyone has had the craving to carry a man bag at some stage. Fashion Week is the perfect opportunity- the ultimate place to put pens, pad and phone without bulging your pockets.
4) Do not attempt to sleaze/pick up the models, male or female. Models are there to work, often horrendously long hours, hence the last thing they need is a drunk guy offering them a glass of free sparkling wine.
5) Drink alcohol with caution. Enjoying a drink or two with your peers is perfectly acceptable, stumbling to your seat or slurring show critique is not. On top of that, nobody wants to be seated next to your white wine breath. Keep it in check!
For live updates during the coming week… Follow me on Twitter @FrontRowSuit.