Wed 16 May 2012
It seems like everyone is about to jet off – be it fashion week in Milan, partying in Mykonos, nuptuals in Italy, or checking out the Big Apple. Being the avid beauty and grooming geek that I am, I thought that I best sort out what products are essential for my travel. And thought I would share my Top 5…
1) Dermalogica Skin Kit – 5 Dermalogica products in one pack – face wash, toner, moisturiser, exfoliator and eye creme – all small enough to suit your luggage allowance but contain enough product to last a couple of weeks away. The toner is perfect for a long flight – spray your face every few hours to refresh. The packs are skin type specific – normal/dry/oily.
2) Prada Amber pour Homme Eau de Toilette Travel Spray – the really cool thing about this is the stainless steel refillable vaporiser which unscrews at the bottom to refill. The fragrance itself has really grown on me and I find it quite unusual. It is clean, subtle and sophisticated yet very complex – saffron, vanilla, cardamom, leather, musk – pure Prada in a bottle. If you smell it once and it doesn’t resonate with you, put some on and smell it again in an hour. I’m a HUGE fan. The 10mL bottles are small enough that airport security won’t even notice.
3) Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No Shine Lip Balm – my lips really don’t agree with long haul flights. They need hydration. I like how this option from Kiehls is non-shine and in a stick aka ‘man-friendly’.
4) Evo Coalition for the Groomed Men’s Survival Kit – the concept alone had me intrigued: “this is a grooming kit that won’t let you down in a crisis, it’s a condom to pain, an aspirin to discomfort, the rosary bead of anxiety… the accent to your attitude“. This kit contains all the essential grooming products – shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, shaving cream and moisturiser. All fantastic products.
5) Clarins Men Fatigue Fighter – who lands after a 22-hour flight looking like they just had a 12 hour sleep and a hot shower? No one. This light gel fatigue fighter gives your skin an instant refreshing boost. It also comes in handy for those mornings when rushing to work a little under the weather.
Also check out our Roadtest: Clinique Anti-Fatigue Cooling Eye Gel.